Returning an ILL Item in Alma
1. To return items that have been requested by your library through resource sharing, go to Fulfillment | Checkout/Checkin | Return Items. Items requested via ILL are returned in the same method as any other item loaned at your library.
2. On the Manage Item Returns screen, scan in the item barcode. A popup displays indicating where the item should be returned.
Additionally, on the return screen Alma indicates what the next step is, indicating what library the material should be returned to.
3. Alternatively, you may retrieve the item by going to the Fulfillment menu and selecting Resource Sharing | Borrowing Requests. With the request on the screen, use the ellipse button next to the request and select Return.
4. A workform is displayed indicating where the item should be returned to, as well as options to print a slip and include an internal note or a note to the partner. Click OK to continue.
5. In either method, the item is checked in on the patron’s record and the status of the request is updated to Returned item to partner.