Completing an ILL Item in Alma
1. To complete the resource sharing cycle, when material has been returned to the lending library, that library conducts a return of the material by going to the Fulfillment menu and selecting Checkout/Checkin | Return Items.
2. After scanning the item barcode, the return screen Alma indicates the next step, which is typically reshelving the item.
3. Alternatively, you may retrieve the item by going to the Fulfillment menu and selecting Resource Sharing | Borrowing Requests. With the request on the screen, use the ellipse button next to the request and select Checked In.
4. A workform is displayed allowing for the entry of an internal note or Note to partner. Click OK to continue.
5. Using either method, status of the request is updated to Request Completed.