Welcome Back Fall 2023
We hope you enjoyed your summer!
Whether your library was closed or remained open, the ODIN Office has some important information for you as Fall approaches.
ODIN Director Search:
- The search for a new Director of ODIN is underway and nearing the final stages. Official announcement coming soon!
- Free access to Academic Search Complete will continue to be available to ND libraries through June 30th, 2024.
- Does your library still have online database access? Please ensure all links are working properly for your staff and patrons.
- Links not working? Need assistance? Please submit a Help Ticket.
- If your Holds/ILLs or Reports were suspended over the summer, please let us know when you need them turned back on.
- Polaris software was updated to version 7.4 on July 11th.
- If your Resource Sharing was suspended over the summer, remember to remove your ‘Temporary Inactive for Borrowing/Lending’ dates once your end date has passed.
- Click here to view the Release Notes for the Alma August Feature Release
- The 2nd Premium Sandbox Refresh of the year occurred in August as well. Click here to read more.
Visit the ODIN Website:
- Please go to your designated Library Details page to verify your library’s current Contact Information, Staff Directory, and ILL Information. Let us know if any updates are needed. Don’t forget to check all 3 tabs!
- All upcoming events, meetings, and trainings can be found on the homepage calendar.
- Need a refresher on LEAP, the Polaris Client, or Alma? There are Trainings available under all areas of interest.
- Polaris & Alma User group meetings are available for any and all staff members to attend. They are a great way to connect with your fellow library staff across ODIN-land and receive updates from the ODIN Office.
- Elections for new User Group Chairs are coming in December. If you are interested in Chairing a user group, please consider putting your name on the ballot for a 2 year term. More information coming soon!
- ODIN offers a variety of listservs for library staff to stay in the know. A current list can be found here.
- Just let us know if you or other library staff would like to be added or deleted from any of the listservs.
The ODIN Office is here to help!
- Please submit an ODIN Help Ticket whenever you need us. Use it to inform us of updates, report issues, or to ask general questions. Just look for the orange box at the top of any page of the ODIN Website or bookmark the link on your browser.