Polaris Cataloging User Group - August 22, 2019
Aug 22 2019 | 10 - 11am
Polaris Cataloging Group August 22, 2019
- Finalize Collection Names (due date: 9/20 so would like to have final document prepared by 9/12) – review collection name (especially for your library) and consider name, format, uniqueness. Goal: concise, focused, and standardized list of collection names across our libraries. Discussion will be on-going. Spreadsheet attached.
- Does everyone have client installed and able to access? If not, please submit ticket.
- ODIN website has Polaris tab (must be signed in). Quick Links include Tickets submitted for Review and Polaris FAQ.
- Migration Discussion Topics
- Call numbers – subfield labels were displaying in Availability (example: $$kAB$hROW and $$hPZ7.R79835$$iHar 1999b) – REPORTED TO POLARIS requesting subfield labels not be displayed in PAC – STATUS: ready soon
- Call numbers – some are blank – due to no HOL record or improper format Call No info in item record (usually no subfield codes) – lists were sent to affected libraries requesting cleanup.
- Description field from ALEPH was not being displayed – if enum/chrono is present, information will map to Volume field in Polaris. If it is not present, description will map to PhysicalCondition – REPORTED TO POLARIS for data correction – STATUS: ready soon
- Internal Note from ALEPH was not being displayed – field will be mapped to Non-PublicNote in Polaris – REPORTED TO POLARIS – STATUS: ready soon
- Diacritics did not come over correctly (example Shari Lapeña) – REPORTED TO POLARIS
- Overdrive record/eBooks – Kristen’s email on 8/15 – currently a handful of libraries have records loaded locally from Overdrive. The Overdrive topic is on Agenda for future discussion. STATUS: pending
- Authorities – ZMARC currently on system for evaluation. Information regarding authorities was sent to Kristen for review and testing. STATUS: pending tests
- Noncirculating collections – have been identified. REPORTED TO POLARIS – STATUS: in progress
- Grouping/Matching records – specifically OCLC numbers – need to investigate further. Provide very specific examples so they can be evaluated by Ann’s team. Conference call may be needed at a different date but need the examples and writeup before we get to that point. STATUS: review and documentation.
- Other Discussion Topics
- 035 $z – should that be moved to 019 – Kristen to supply more info.
- 100 $e author – consistent treatment – Kristen to supply more info?
- PAC slow response time last week – REPORTED TO POLARIS – STATUS: Resolved. There was an issue with Syndetics job running which was addressed and acceptable response time was noted.