Discovery User Group Meeting - January 2021
Jan 8 2021 | 11am - 12pm
- Open Forum
- What in the world is “Alma/SFX local collection” facet?
- Unassigned holdings –
- Can we add “new books” collection?
- Documentation for setting up Collections and adding background image/cover images
- Collection of collection examples
- Adding a ‘dynamic’ new titles list – might be an option in the facets.
- Generating a new titles list: https://slcny.libanswers.com/faq/264979
- QR codes – graphics Usage – new feature to be aware of.
- Survey for nominations for chair
- Government Docs scope – ways to handle government docs
- Any further thoughts?
- ExL: “I would recommend Alma Normalization rules to create a local MARC field. If you can identify these records I would create a local MARC field such as 945. You can populate a local MARC field with government documents or some other tag so that you can create a local resource type rule.”
- Could possibly find a local field no one is using and dedicate it as a “gov doc” field.
- NDSU’s local collection (local to NDSU IZ) that is only electronic
- 008 S or F were being used prior to VE at NDSU to separate Gov Docs.
- NDSU and Lynn are working on this – Gov Doc scope and/or material type
- Instruction User Subgroup
- Next Meetings
- 01/15 – next Instruction meeting
- 02/05 – next Discovery meeting