Alma Cataloging User Group - June 15, 2020
June 15, 2020 – Academic Cataloging Group Notes
ATTENDING: Amy (NDSCS), Aubrey (NMY), Ben (NDV), Drew (UND), Erika (UNF), Jason (ODIN), Jenny (NDSU), Jessica (UNF), Julia (NMI), Kelly (NMY), Laurie (UNE), Liz (NBJ), Phyllis (TBI), Shari (UNW), Shelby (UND), Staci (NDI), Tina (NDSU), Lynn (ODIN)
Data Cleanup/Data Review:
- NMI - Primo one item said ONLINE when they had online, print and microform, UND - browsing call numbers, UND - cutters used in 099 tags, NMI -- cutters with 092 for children’s collections, virtual browse uses 050 instead of 090 (based on bib record rather than holding) – problem listed in Basecamp.
- Children’s fiction call numbers are often not in order (TD12709890/SF00821559). UPDATE: Data was reindexed but limited improvement noted for everything except LC. Need examples to followup with ExLibris..
- NZ Manager: Ongoing discussion as to how to handle NZ – who needs access, what type of access, etc
- Shelby created two DRAFT documents for cataloging (sent to odin-cat list on 6/5/20). Documents were reviewed and discussed. Further discussion? Discussion if when adding a record from NZ if you should push to OCLC – NO. Holdings should be added at OCLC first so the record will not be updated in OCLC. Client vs web based OCLC – Shelby will adjust the documentation to include web instructions.
- No new topics submitted --- what’s on your mind today?
- Requested Jason to run OCLC to ALMA process a few times a week (Monday and Wednesday?).
- Question on deletes from over the weekend - Shelby was investigating how that process works.
- How do we handle duplicates? NDSU had to cleanup duplicates manually. There is a report for duplicate records in your IZ (based on OCLC, ISSN, etc). Under Resources/Advanced Tools/Duplicate Title Analysis.
- What to do with daily list generated for changes? Retained on WMS servers – 90 days but only account holder.
- There is job that will delete bibs in the NZ that have no inventory. ** PALS runs a job monthly.
- Import batch of ebooks from EBSCO – should holdings be updated in OCLC?
- If we are sending in P2E forms as part of migration, why isn’t ExL putting these into IZ instead of NZ?
Before the call on 6/16
- Submit questions on Normalization Rules to the discussion section of this agenda
- Due 6/15: Return the draft migration form
Agenda for 6/16 ExLibris Call
- Normalization Rules
For the week of 6/22
- Activating Electronic Resources
- Review Alma configuration - submit questions
- Test Primo VE - submit questions
- 6/23 - Activating Electronic Resources
- 6/30 - Scheduled Jobs
- 7/7 - Offline Circulation
- 7/14 - TBD
- 7/21 - Data Review for acceptance
According to Basecamp To-Dos 00 - Key Alma-Primo VE Implementation Phase Milestones:
** SIS load testing ongoing **
** Authentication Configuration Completed / Tested? **
June – prepare final migration forms
Early July – submit final P2E forms
July 10, 2020 – Technical Freeze
July 3, 2020 – Critical 3rd party integrations completed
July 6, 2020 – Alma & Primo Certification Completed
July 24, 2020 - Fulfillment Freeze
July 12-26, 2020 – Cutover Load
July 29, 2020 – Go Live
** Keep track of any concerns/conflicts with the dates so they can be addressed by the PM team.