Alma Cataloging User Group - July 22, 2020
July 22, 2020 – Academic Cataloging Group Notes
ATTENDING: Amy (NDSCS), Aubrey (NMY), Ben (NDV), Drew (UND), Erika (UNF), Ginny (ODIN), Jasmine (NDJ), Jason (ODIN), Jenny (NDSU), Jessica (UNF), Julia (NMI), Kelly (NMY), Laurie (UNE), Linda (ODIN), Liz (NBJ), Phyllis (TBI), Shari (UNW), Shelby (UND), Staci (NDI), Tina (NDSU), Lynn (ODIN)
Data Cleanup/Data Review:
- NMI - Primo one item said ONLINE when they had online, print and microform, UND - browsing call numbers, UND - cutters used in 099 tags, NMI -- cutters with 092 for children’s collections, virtual browse uses 050 instead of 090 (based on bib record rather than holding) – problem listed in Basecamp.
- Children’s fiction call numbers are often not in order (TD12709890/SF00821559). UPDATE: Lynn sent in recording created with Shelby demonstrating the process for clarity --Ex Libris evaluating.
- Deletes/updates processing – UPDATE: Configuration fixed. Further testing needed.
- Data acceptance testing.
- Multi match and items that failed to link– how does that work?
- Multi match – can be done after go-live and then manual link to best record
- Items that failed to link – still your record but no reason as to why it did not link
- Item counts for bib records in ALEPH – CIRC / Services / ODIN Custom / Items custom-02 will give counts
- Numbers don’t match - how far off is “too far”?
- 700 migrating to 952 fields – “regular authors” will duplicate - cleanup will be needed on ALMA if you want to get rid of duplicates – From Jenny (NDSU) for post go-live clean up, you could run a norm rule to delete the 9XX that were copied from the 7XX, and then if/when you come across any local 7XX: tag them as local
- Internal admin records got wiped out – after go-live this should not be an issue
- Shelby mentioned some libraries that have collections with automatic deletions set up so will need to follow up on that (NDV, NDSU) – To discuss --- managing the update file to add into ODIN.
- Verifying electronic resources – In ALMA, how would one find online collections? Search in CZ with collection name (ASCE Journals), all portfolios should show. Tina (NDSU) suggested using part of the URL and “contains keywords or contains phrase”. Use Electronic titles / URL (Electronic portfolio) / part of URL (such as asce.org or GPO).
- NMI will need to do some weeding for Federal electronic titles. Would like “best practices” so they do not accidently delete someone else’s titles.
- Electronic titles / Electronic Locations And Note https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_…
Reminders for the week:
- 7/22-7/24 - Test clean data on Prod
- 7/24 - Provide written acceptance of migrated data
- 7/24 - Set Aleph/Primo to read-only (ODIN Office)
- 7/24-7/28 - Use Alma offline circ
For the week of 7/27
- Tuesday Meeting topic - Go-Live Q&A
- 7/28 - Data testing of clean patron, loan and request data on Prod
- 7/28 - Provide written acceptance of Alma environment
- 7/28 - Load offline circ transaction files
- 7/28 - Verify offline transactions in Alma
- 7/28 - Provide written acceptance of Primo VE environment
- 7/28 - Finalize all batch/scheduled jobs configuration
- By 7/29 - Contact all electronic data suppliers with a request to use Primo service page as a link resolver.
- 7/29 - Go-live with Alma
- 7/29 - Go-live with Primo VE