Alma Cataloging User Group - July 06, 2020
July 6, 2020 – Academic Cataloging Group Notes
ATTENDING: Amy (NDSCS), Aubrey (NMY), Ben (NDV), Drew (UND), Ginny (ODIN), Jasmine (NDJ), Jason (ODIN), Jenny (NDSU), Jessica (UNF), Julia (NMI), Kelly (NMY), Laurie (UNE), Liz (NBJ), Phyllis (TBI), Shari (UNW), Shelby (UND), Staci (NDI), Tina (NDSU), Lynn (ODIN)
Data Cleanup/Data Review:
- NMI - Primo one item said ONLINE when they had online, print and microform, UND - browsing call numbers, UND - cutters used in 099 tags, NMI -- cutters with 092 for children’s collections, virtual browse uses 050 instead of 090 (based on bib record rather than holding) – problem listed in Basecamp.
- Children’s fiction call numbers are often not in order (TD12709890/SF00821559). UPDATE: Lynn sent in recording created with Shelby demonstrating the process for clarity --Ex Libris evaluating.
- NZ Manager: Ongoing discussion as to how to handle NZ – who needs access, what type of access, etc
- Shelby created two DRAFT documents for cataloging (sent to odin-cat list on 6/5/20). Documents were reviewed and discussed. Open for further recommendations as needed. UPDATE: Shelby has updated further and will send out to the group. Encourage libraries to remove any URLs that deal with unique library – should be more general.
- Deletes/updates processing – UPDATE: Configuration fixed. Further testing needed.
- Related is posting to Basecamp: https://3.basecamp.com/3765443/buckets/14394235/messages/2764941029
Where Pam indicates (we mentioned the report last time – any further thoughts/comments?):
As a consortia, there should be discussion about protocol for if you are the last institution that has holdings and you are removing them in order to prevent situations where there is an NZ record with no institutional holdings. It would be possible to run reporting to find these "orphans" then use sets to remove in the NZ. Status: wait for ALMA to be active and stable for a month or two before deciding to get rid of anything.
- No new topics submitted --- what’s on your mind today?
- Shelby has started playing with NR in ALMA to delete extra MARC tags that would not be needed.
- Deadlines listed were clarified as 5 PM CENTRAL unless it is otherwise specified.
- Configuration for the ADVANCED fields for local fields – Config > Resources > Search Indexes … enable the ones you want to be able to search in the advanced search. (thanks Jenny)
- Updates/deletes from OCLC – Gov docs had option to match holdings in OCLC. NDSU goes through collection manager. Will have to look further into the process point to point.
- Orphaned records in NZ if we move electronic records to the IZ.
- New listserv in place -- ODIN-ACAD-CAT@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU Let Lynn know if you are not getting the emails.
- Go-Live Readiness Checklist – any problems or concerns? Scheduling was not an option so could not be tested.
Tuesday Call agenda
- 7/7 - Offline Circulation
- Analytics "My Folders" move
Reminders for the week:
- 7/7 - Freeze config changes on Alma Prod - Including Primo VE changes
- 7/10 - Complete and return scheduled jobs list
- 7/10 - Freeze Technical Services in ALEPH
For the week of 7/13
- 7/14 - Data Review for acceptance presentation
- 7/17 - Stop all activities on Alma Prod (including staff training)
According to Basecamp To-Dos 00 - Key Alma-Primo VE Implementation Phase Milestones:
July 10, 2020 – Technical Freeze
July 24, 2020 - Fulfillment Freeze
July 12-26, 2020 – Cutover Load
July 29, 2020 – Go Live