Alma Cataloging User Group - August 17, 2020
August 17, 2020 – Academic Cataloging Group Notes
ATTENDING: Amy (NDSCS), Aubrey (NMY), Ben (NDV), Drew (UND), Ginny (ODIN), Felecia (UND), Jasmine (NDJ), Jason (ODIN), Jenny (NDSU), Julia (NMI), Kelly (NMY), Laurie (UNE), Liz (NBJ), Megan (ODIN), Phyllis Bratton, Lynn (ODIN)
Data Cleanup/Data Review:
- NMI – issue resolved - Primo one item said ONLINE when they had online, print and microform
- UND - browsing call numbers, UND - cutters used in 099 tags, NMI -- cutters with 092 for children’s collections, virtual browse uses 050 instead of 090 (based on bib record rather than holding) – problem listed in Basecamp.
- Children’s fiction call numbers are often not in order (TD12709890/SF00821559). UPDATE: Case sent to development issue should be fixed in the September 2020 release.
- Deletes/updates processing – UPDATE: Configuration fixed. Further testing needed.
- OCLC ODINA daily extracts – scheduling adjusted last week – any improvement? NDV – working well but he has been using the gateway export. Those records go into the IZ with no NZ links. Jason moved time to 7 am from 3 am to see if that will improve anything. Will have to revisit workflow when Shelby is back. Note: Lynn found this info on https://www.orbiscascade.org/alma-daily-bib-record-updates/: Due to OCLC file delivery and Alma import profile schedules, records edited in Connexion will be updated in Alma two business days after the Connexion update. If immediate updating of a bib record in Alma is desired, release the record from the Alma Metadata Editor and export (F5) the record from Connexion to the Network Zone.
- UND has trouble matching with brief order records in the IZ – Felecia to send examples.
- Shelby sent email 8/5 - norm rule delete undesirable fields from OCLC records that are imported daily for discussion. Last week discussions included 653 being used. 690 field for notes and ND author but 691 should be ND Author. Further discussion? Please review and plan to finalize during Aug 24th meeting.
- List of reports to demo in Analytics: IPEDS, benchmark report, template in shared report area … others? NMI list of everything cataloged/added to IZ during given month
- Is there a way to get OCLC numbers included in the spreadsheet of information you can download after certain searches or when you have a 'set'? Jenny said YES – create set and export to Excel, enable editing, move column (barcode, mmsid, whichever) to the first column. Save new file, leave spreadsheet open, go into Analytics, open Shared Folders/NDSU/RAMD Staff/Jenny/any of reports will work, go to Criteria tab, edit filter where it says Barcode, select all the barcodes from the spreadsheet and paste and save. Click on Results tab to see report.
- Premium sandbox – how soon can libraries have access? Answer – they should be rolling things out soon.
- NetLibrary/EBSCOeBooks problem for several libraries. Need further investigation to define issue.