Aleph TEST Client Installation
Your client will now be pointing at the Test Server ( libserv1 ), updated and ready to use.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the directory on your PC called 'inst500'.
- Delete all files in the inst500 directory.
- Select your ADM from the dropdown list below.
- Switch to Windows Exlorer open to the 'inst500' folder on your PC and double click or 'open' the file you just downloaded. (The downloaded file will have the format 'GUI500-xxx-405z'. The 'xxx' represents your ADM code. The 'z' is a code you can ignore.) A DOS window will open showing the files being unpacked. You will then have an inst500 folder with many files in it.
- Then... 'open' the 'SETUP.EXE' file. That will start the installation process. Add the word "TEST" after 'ALEPH 500 405' the two times it is presented. This will create a program group called 'ALEPH 500 405 TEST'
- Open the Alpeh Administration client, do not enter a username and password. (Click "Cancel")
- Start the application anyway. (Click "yes").
- Click Configuration / Libraries Manager
- Go to the "Libraries" tab.
- Under "Host name" on the right make the server "libserv1" (change the "0" to "1").
- Under "Port" make the port "6991"
- Click box "Apply to all".
- Click box "Apply" at the bottom of the "Libraries Manager" window.
- Click "Close" at the bottom of the "Libraries Manager" window.
- Close the Client.
- From "Start" go to the 'ALEPH 500 405 TEST' program group and click "version check".
- Click "All" to accept the updates.
ODIN ALEPH CLIENT PACKAGES
Select your ADM from the dropdown list and click "Go".